Saturday, November 10, 2012

Frozen Bristles

Ice on the car windows, frozen paint brushes, and cracking tubes of paint. 
No more leaving class supplies in the car!
It's cold enough to leave the heat on when I'm home and to wear a sweater under my paint smock.
I've been reading my friend Christina's blog about working as a volunteer in Rockaway Beach, Coney Island and all around the city.  http://tinastraveltales.blogspot.com/2012/11/for-joe-in-far-rockaway.html     I'm grateful to have heat and a place to paint and sleep.  Read some of her blog stories.  We don't see it every day, but the people there are still desperate for help. If you feel moved to donate to the Red Cross, they're passing out hot food and supplies. 

Today at Timber Ridge the class "marbled" paper with shaving cream and food coloring, a project I've done with little kids as well as big ones.  My camera broke, or I'd have pics for you here. It was a blast!  The small 4"x6" marbled pieces are glued on to cards.  Actually, they are abstract expressionism at its finest.  True!

The bee painting is finished and the small pieces are hopeful. I'll post them as soon as I get to take pics.

Tomorrow I deliver paintings to the show at Ida Culver House in north Seattle for the show. "Walk the Line".   Go to    http://www.eraliving.com/communities/broadview to find out more about the venue.  The show is up from November 14 until March 9. 

Today, I trotted 5 paintings over to the Kirkland Art Center Gallery at Parkplace on 85th NE. 

And this Friday evening, November 16, is the opening of our ART EAST Small Works show.  I'll have new pieces in that show.  I always like this holiday show because the work is small, imaginative, and affordable.

I'm headed to Homer, Alaska in March to do an artist residency.  Hope we get to do masks again!  Like this:










--

1 comment:

  1. Gail, Yes I would love to make a mask with you when you are hear in March.......Please let us know when you will be here!!!!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete